From:
Kevin Campbell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Apr 1996 15:46:49 +0100
To Corrine,
I too have one of those cages you talk about BUT I got mine for $114. + S/H
from Dog's Outfitters 1-800-367-3647.  It comes with the one hammock and we
added another.  I don't find a problem with not having a slide out tray, the
doors are big enough to get a full sized litter box in and out, and if I
keep the box clean enough, there are no accidents in the cage.  (wish I
could say the same for when they have out time)

To Collin :
That vets name is Dr.  Bruce Williams but I no longer have his phone number.
I bet he still reads the FML

To Debbie Riccio:
Have your friend contact the Japanese consulate in the U.S.  They should be
able to answer questions about bring ferrets into the country.

To Doug (litter troubles)
I don't know how large your cage is, or what type of litter you use, or how
large your litter pan is or how high the sides on it are.  But.....  If you
only have the one ferret, maybe try take out the litterbox (temperarily) and
place newspaper in the corner.  Maybe try take your litterbox and cut down
the one side so the (lazy) ferret does not have to put out too much effort
to get where they need to be.  In our cage we use litter in a cat box.  When
they have run of a room or rooms, we take the rubber/plastic tray that would
be under the dish strainer and place it in the corner with newspaper on it.
The lazy fuzzies do not have to do anything except back into the corner and
the tray keeps the wet stuff from soaking through to the floor/carpet.  We
have tried may things with our guys, and this seems to do the trick for
them.  Also, if your cage is too big maybe restrict the area that your
ferret can access until they behave in the toilet way.