From:
Ann Siegel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Jan 2000 17:57:20 -0800
Hi...

Anyone have any recommendations one way or another as to what to do when
your ferret is getting a new coat and the old one is dead?  I can see the
new coat coming in in places, and the old stuff comes right out with barely
any attempt.  Is it better to let it fall out on its own, or pluck it out
so the new fur can come in?  I plucked her last year, because I was scared
of her ingesting it during grooming.  The new fur came in pretty quickly,
but she looked like a plucked chicken.  Also, is it normal for ferrets to
do this seasonally, or is it due to her adrenal condition (she has been on
lupron for nearly a year).

Also, my little Ratty is probably going to get her cryosurgery in the
next month.  She is nearly 7 1/2 years old.  Anything I should expect/be
prepared for?  I am very nervous about getting her operated on, but these
days one shot of lupron costs nearly as much as the surgery.

Love and hugs to the fuzzies!

Ann