Date:
Mon, 20 Feb 2006 19:11:05 +0000
>I always feel a little weird when I see Ms. Crandall post about the
>potential danger of raw feeding on the FML because I feel like I have to
>defend myself personally, even though my raw and prey-fed ferrets plainly
>have better weight, size, endurance, coat, teeth, and musculature than
>the kibble-fed ferrets I have worked with -- a subjective statement,
>true, but one echoed by everyone else I know that raw-food"

Ms Crandall does have a lot to say about feeding ferrets on a raw diet
and I wonder if she can provide any scientifically proven information
that her ferrets have had any problems with it, the fact that she keeps
quoting things from the FHL proves nothing and it makes me sick the way
she keeps bashing on about raw food being a potential danger to ferrets.

I like you feed my ferrets as much raw food as they will eat, I have also
noted that it is cheaper to feed raw rather than kibble as 1 kg of raw
food will feed 12 adult ferrets and when I have any kits they are fed raw
food twice a day and even though I put kibble in with them most of it
ends up in the litter tray.

Now can I ask Ms Crandall to stop the scare mongering when it come to
feeding raw food to ferrets, I have personally used raw food since the
70's and at one point I went over to kibble but I have come back to raw
for my cats, dogs and ferrets, I also agree that ferrets have better
"weight, size, endurance, coat, teeth, and musculature" my vet's also
agree

Just look at my ferrets on the links below and tell me if kibble ferrets
look better?

The man with a new idea is a crank until other take it up
Mark Twain
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/intact-ferrets/
http://www.smartgroups.com/groups/house-ferrets
http://www.geocities.com/houseferrets13uk/First_Page-Index.html