From:
Aaron Wilder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Jan 1999 17:32:19 -0500
Hello all !
I have been a lurker for some time now and I have to say I love this list!!
Thank you to all of the people (and fuzzies) that write in and provide so
much helpful information and stories.  And now, the real reason I've come
out of the woodwork:

My MF ferret Roofuss is a ~2 1/2-3 year old (this is an estimate as he is
a rescue) and today I found out from a CBC and Chem Panel that he has 50%
Lymphocytes - which I was told is an indication of lymphoma.  That and my
vet said he noticed that Roofuss' lymph nodes around his neck were slightly
enlarged during his exam.  The reason we decided to do these blood tests is
because Roofuss has had an ongoing problem with inflamed gums (for which
he's on antibiotics) - and we thought this could have something to do with
his kidneys, turns out it doesn't.  My vet said that the blood test showed
that his kidneys were fine.  But now I am worried about the possibility of
lymphoma -

I've read some about lymphoma from the FAQs and in the FML archives....
could his elevated lymphocytes have anything to do with his inflamed gums?
I've heard that elevated lymphocytes can also be a sign of an infection in
the body.  Any advice would be appreciated!  Thanks again,

Nancy and the gang