Date:
Mon, 18 Jun 2007 07:58:51 EDT
>Does anyone know if new carpets have fumes or chemicals that will be
>harmful to the ferret? Is there anything I should ask about ahead of
>time before putting carpet in the house we move to, like make sure
>it isn't treated? ... Risa

Hi Risa ~ yes most commercially made carpets today do contain harmful
chemicals. A good way to tell is if they "off-gas". That is a term used
if you can actually smell the chemicals in the carpet. Although I am
related to them I hate to say that DuPont carpets are one of the worst.
Please keep the little ones out of that room. It'll be a killer of a
space. Other offenders are anything rubber you can still smell in the
store, teflon pots and pans, and any plastic you may consider using
for dishes or storage. If you can smell it, leave it there.

Warmly ~
Mary
Mary L. Conley, N.D. (Dr. of Naturopathy)
Member, American  Naturopathic Medical Association
Conley Farm Herbs
Tinctures, Teas,  Essences, Classes
Shepherdstown, WV 25443