From:
Jeanne Ziola <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Sat, 9 Oct 1993 17:56:00 -0400
When you think about bitting a ferret back, it's not really being cruel, you
are talking their language.  Not only do I bite a ferret back, I'll hiss at
them while bitting them!!!!  It may sound gross, but it worked for my 5
ferrets!!!

I had one of my ferrets given to me by a friend who couldn't keep him.
DWeasel was 12 weeks old back then and would bite anyone any chance he got.
It took 2 weeks of bitting & hissing back at him before he learned that I
wouldn't tolerate his bitting!!  Today, DWeasel gives me the most kisses out
of my 5 ferrets.

Jeanne