From:
Troy Lynn <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Fri, 27 May 1994 15:39:00 -0400
Next week I'll be working at home (vacation) so any one that needs me
can call me at (913) 494-8415.  My meeting with KDHE is Thursday and I
haven't received any input so I'll be sure to check my messages before
Thursday, just in case someone has some input.

Ginger
When a female goes into heat her vulva swells and there will be a slight
discharge.  A friend adopted one of our turn-ins that had also been
originally purchased at a pet store and was suppose to be spayed.  She
did have the swelling but it was disease related.  Unfortunately this
same baby also had problems with an anal gland that was suppose to have
been removed.  With Toastie there were also other signs to indicate
disease rather than a heat cycle such as rapid loss of hair.  I'm sure
the doctors here can provide you with more information - I just wanted to
answer your question in case they were away.

Chris - I don't know if I can stay away from the FML for a week.  This
is better than TV!
Troy Lynn