From:
"Crenshaw, Joseph" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Aug 2001 09:54:41 -0700
I think the only reason your going to get a massive amount of flames is
because you kind of didn't read the post about the auction.  The title
was posted on eBay as "Taxi ermined PET STORE FERRET" meaning a ferret
that came from a pet store.

Now we know most animals that are usually left to this process are either
trophy hunters for their kill of the sport and avid gamers (Just General
Game and Wild Life that IS LEGAL) Some people choose to do these to their
pets that they loved very much, but this obviously wasn't the case as
they were selling it on eBay to make some money.

Just because something is legal in the world does NOT make it right.
Ferrets are considered to be a companion animal.  Please tell me how many
times you see this same thing on eBay and maybe then you understand we
weren't telling eBay how to run the business but only being caring Animal
enthusiasts.

I'm not sure on everyone else's take, but if it was any other "COMPANION"
animal (Almost literally meaning it was bought from a pet store or raised
as such, not as a hunted object) I would have written to the .com company
myself.  If you find a fish caught in the river to be on the same level as
a life long pet that lives and breathes with you, then by all means your
points hold strong.  But otherwise your mailbox is gonna be hurting in
the next few days ;)

Thanks,
Joe, Torie, and the 2 little Fuzzbutts(Titus and Taeven)