From:
"Lisa G. Fleischmann" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Jun 1996 11:21:12 -0700
I just acquired a new baby ferret, Daisy-female sable, and had a few
questions.  Does anyone know when baby ferrets get their baby teeth/when
they lose them/when they get their adult teeth.  The pet store said the
babies were 6-8 weeks old.  From the postings on the FML that seems very
young.  However, she has all her baby teeth and her permanent teeth are
coming in.  In fact I was a little worried to see that she had two sets of
canines with no indication of the temporary set coming out.

I was also worried about introducing her to Squirt, my 2 year old female
sable.  They actually get along great outside.  Unfortunately, inside is
another story.  Squirt is much more aggressive toward the new baby, though
she doesn't actually hurt her.  I guess it will just take time.

One more question.  The baby really likes to bite, though usually not very
hard.  How much biting should be tolerated?  We would like her to be able to
play with us and bite gently, but we don't want to encourage bad biting
behavior.

                         Lisa and Noah
                         Squirt and Daisy

P.S. I probably should introduce my fiance, Noah -- the big ferret toy.
(excuse my faux pas for not introducing him earlier)