From:
Greg Roth <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Dec 1994 19:59:31 -0500
Hi Anon.  I have three cats and three ferrets, and they all get along
wonderfully.  One of our cats ALWAYS gets attacked my Bongo (our middle
ferret), and we were worried about it at first.  But we notice that our cat
really didn't care that much.  When it got to rough, our cat put Bongo in her
place.  After a month or so, we realized that Bongo was training two of our
cats to play her way.  Now, Bongo chases our cats and the cats chase him
around the house.  Our oldest cat, though, will not have anything to do with
the ferrets or the other cats.  He is king of this house, and only his owners
get his love.  The reason your ferret keeps jumbing on your cat is because
that his only playmate, and he is going to train that cat to play his way
just like they train humans to play their way. The most you can do is teach
him not to bite by using Bitter Apple.  As far as litter goes,  ferrets like
litter boxes that they can get into easily, without waiting for a cat to
finish.  Ferrets, also, should have a smaller amount of litter in their
boxes, because they will play in litter boxes with to much litter.  Ofcourse,
you do only have one cat, so maybe you could get away with one box.  Also,
you might want to check what kind of litter you are using, because not all
litters are good for ferrets.

                                                     I hope I helped.

                                                  Kimberly and family