From:
Todd Leuthold <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 11 May 2002 10:20:03 -0400
Condolences to those with lost, sick, or angeled throw rug tunnelers...

(Think we'll get a state grant to open this tunnel?)

Thank you to all of those who sent cards and notes of sympathy on Rusti's
passing.  I'm sure that she saw them all and that a tear or two appeared
in her sweet little eyes.  She always loved special attention and I'm sure
she always will.

Last night, I put the boys back in their cage and they both ran for her
sleep sack and nosed all through it, as though they were looking for her.
They finally stopped, looked up at me and seemed to ask "Where is she?"
I didn't know what to say, except that she was not going to be back and
that she wasn't in pain any more.  They both then picked a spot and curled
up in her sleep sack for a nap.

The two that shared a cage with Ziggy still stop by his sleep sack (where
they also tend to sleep now) to let him know that its playtime when I open
the cage.  Since he was both deaf and blind, I guess they felt it was
their job to notify him that the door was open.

With the loss of two ferrets, both loved by the rest of my little
community, I'm hoping that they don't take it too hard.  Though they are
still playing, there was no bouncing and wrestling last night.  Everything
seemed a bit more subdued then usual.  They also seemed to do a lot more
searching through the house than they typically do, also.

I'm not positive, but I feel that they are looking for their two lost
friends.  I'm still quite sad about the loss, but I think that they feel
their own kind of sorrow and loss.  Ziggy and Rusti have been here for
several years and just seemed to be part of the scheme of things in the
world.  Now, with their loss, the universe seems just a bit less steady
than it did just a few short days ago.

I hope that my kids get over the loss of their friends soon and get back
to playing full force.  They deserve to know that they are still important
and that their time here is meant to be happy and fun.  I still have a
brood to take care of and I'll put my energies there.

Todd and the Fuzzbutt Rodeo Clowns
---
mailto:[log in to unmask]
http://www.netconex.com/toddl/page2/