From:
Melanie Hawkins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 May 1998 02:20:13 -0500
Last week I noticed that Norm's left eye was swollen slightly and had a
grayish tint to it.  I went to the vet and they checked to see if Norm had a
scratched eyeball and he did not.  So, the vet did a glaucoma test and the
pressure in his eyeball did not indicate glaucoma.  It seems that Norm has
bumped his eyeball on something which has caused a bit of injury to his eye.
The vet.  gave me some drops to put into his eye (antibiotics and pred.
drops) and wants to check for glaucoma once again in a week.  Has anyone
experienced this type of thing with their ferrets?  If so, is there a good
chance that Norm could develop glaucoma in that one eye?  Any input would be
appreciated.

     Melanie and the gang (Gizzy, Normie, and Moser)