From:
David Welch <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Sep 1995 20:24:37 -0700
Well.  Last thing I can mention is that I have found some orange spots on
their skin, beneath their fur which sems to be the main cause of them
scratching all the time. It seems to be at the base of the fur in some
places, almost a little gummy-like? and then in other places, more like
dry skin or something with an orangish tinge.  Now, do they just have
fleas or something and I need to powder them down along with my room?
Oris this something  more? I know I have heard  about orange spots  on
ferrets, I dont recall where   although I checked the FAQ and found nothing.

Okay, onto something brighter... they are truly wonderful animals... I
love having  them around and I guess  I am just being a little paranoid
right now but want to make sure they are completely happy and healthy =)
Last night Ceridwen was chirping almost, softly, and whining.  It was a
sound I had not really  heard before, except maybe when they are real
tired and they yaaaaawwwwwwnnnn... and as always, a new sound from them
wakes me up (yes, the ever caring twoleggedannoyingferretparent) and I
went over to find poo lil Ceridwen all curled up half under her favorite
towel with her forepaws flailing gently at the air and looking as if she
was having a ferretmare... so I stroked  her  and picked her up and
calmed her down and set her back nestled nice and  warminto her little
nest where she promptly fell back to sleep looking cute as  ever.

Hard to imagine people could really hate these little critters with such
vehemence on occassion.  They bring me a lot of happinessand I love em
dearly.

- Dave Welch
- Helen "See? All I have to do is wait until two feet leaves the room to
        poop in whatever corner _I_ want to!" Ferret
 - Ceridwen, "All I have to do is lay my head down on his foot or look up
        at him and look! Scritches and lots of attention!" Ferret