From:
Marti Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Sep 1996 17:05:52 -0400
I read a few post of people having problems with biting.  And there has onl
been one time that my female Lucy, bit me and drew blood.

She and Loosewire, our male, loves to climb into my pocketbook that I sit
next to my desk, and for the most part, I try to keep it zipped up, but they
just love climbing in and out, one night, Lucy persisted in climbing in, and
she was spending alot of time down in the bottom, I would reach down and
would pull her out, and she would jump back into the purse, on the last pull
out, she bit me hard, on the palm and drew blood.  I was shocked, she always
had a sweet personality, but when I looked later in the bottom of my purse,
I found a parcially eaten cinnamon roll, I forgot that I had it there, and
she was enjoying herself!  She was just upset that I didn't allow her to
finish it.  LOL

One night I found her again in my pocketbook, snacking on a candy bar.  So
now I have two choices, 1.  stop buying snacks and leaving them in the
pocketbook 2.  Keep the pocketbook zipped up or out of reach, I found her
still inside, with it zipped, she mananged to squeeze in the end part.  Man,
they can get through the smallest spaces.

They love to climb, and climb they do, Lucy loves the trashcans next to the
desk, I just found her in the empty Totally Ferret bag probably licking up
the fine crumbs of leftover food!!!!

We have to pull the desk chairs away from the 2 puter desks, I find
Loosewire up on the desk, checking things out, and helping himself to the
box of raisins.

One night our guinnea pig was really purring loud, we went to see what was
up, and there was Lucy, she climbed into the cage, and was investigating the
surroundings, but we immediately took her out, and set the cage up higher,
we didn't want to take the chance of anyone getting hurt.  I wonder how the
two would of gotten along?  Anyone know?

We love our little fellows, and as they get older their getting more
amusing, and now if they are in a dead sleep, I can pick one of them up, and
roll them into the lower part of my t-shirt, and they will keep on sleeping,
for about 15 minutes, up against my body, nice and snuggly, sometimes they
poke their little face out and allow me to stroke their faces and they fall
back to sleep.

Later,
Marti