From:
Power & Motoryacht <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Nov 1998 09:45:18 -0500
>have taken the one that always fights and seperated him,he is in a cage
>where they play and sleeps next to them in the cage.I have to let him play
>seperatly.It has been two weeks ,and I really dont know what to do.  Once
>again I turn to all you good hearted people for more advise and thank you
>for advise I have already received.Please please let me know how you all
>succeded in making harmony with your ferrets.

It has been my recent experience with new introductions to be very, very,
very patient.

I was told this and didn't think anyone understood my problem.  However, I
rescued 2 of the sweetest little fuzzies in April and it took me *5* months
before they got along with my 6 other kids.  In that time I about lost my
mind.  I almost gave up and decided there would be perpetual double
playtimes, etc.  A good ferret-friend told me to keep giving them time
together and if they weren't drawing blood, etc. to try and leave them
together for as long as possible.

I did this and eventually, after my husband and I were crazy with worry
over the noises (my little Panda was very young and very vocal - and still
is vocal), peace finally set in.  Mind you, it wasn't all 6 that were
against them.

The funny thing I find is that my first 7 introductions went so well that I
grew to expect it.  No fuss from any of the veterans or the new ones, other
than the usual "This is my home".  Until these last 2.  My young albino
female, Roxie (1 1/2), and my oldest sable female, Ollie (4 1/2), were hell
bent on beating the tar out of these 2 new kids.  Previously though, they
welcomed all into the fold.  Go figure.

Anyway, just my 2 cents.

Dona and (drum roll please), Ollie, Zoe, Caesar, Roxie, Zeke, Luke,Sadie &
Panda Boy