From:
"Cecere, Suzy" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 May 1998 09:59:30 -0700
Ok don't flame me for cruelty to Goldfish.

Personally my Memorial Day weekend was not the greatest (spent 3 hours in
the ER tied to a backboard after a very large 4X4 pickup ran over the front
of my six month old Outback Sport), so I thought it would be nice to have
some fun with my kids on Monday afternoon.  I had been in PetsMart on
Saturday, before getting creamed, and saw Goldfish for .07 each, knowing I
had another stop I passed on buying any (little did I know what a long stop
it was going to be).

Monday found me back at PetsMart buying a dozen .07 Goldfish.  When I got
home I filled the kids pool with warm water, floated the bag of Goldfish
for 10 minutes before letting them out of their bag.  Time to let the kids
out :)

Amelia was the first to discover the pool and fish.  Must say she looked
really funny hanging over the edge snorkeling with her back feet barely
touching the floor.  I couldn't pass up the urge to push her in :>  She
didn't mind and in just a few seconds came up with Goldfish in mouth.  Out
of the pool and off to hide the prize.  By now all the kids were joining
in.  Water was everywhere as were Goldfish, even under the couch!  David (my
husband) declared me fish wrangler and told me that the duties of a fish
wrangler were to make sure all fish were accounted for at the end of the
trip.  Great, ever hunted and counted dead Goldfish?  None of the fuzzes
seemed interested in eating a fish, in fact they kind of made funny faces
when the bite them hard enough to get a taste.

Amelia was the best hunter, but each fuzzy caught at least one fish.

We all ended up wet and happy.  All fish were accounted for at the end
of the day.

Does anyone know if fish were ever part of the ferret diet, Bob?

Suzy
Amelia - These are too easy, give me something bigger
Natasha - Ich, they taste funny
Chester - Out of the way Amelia
Boris -  Oh no, Mom got the towel to dry us off, run.........

Suzy Cecere
Systems Engineer
Physio-Control Corporation