From:
Colleen Vermillion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 3 Aug 1996 22:16:28 +0000
>From:    Yuki Busch <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: SO & How do you do that?
>My mother has only two children, me and my brother.  I used to chuckle
>when she mixes up my brother's name with mine...

In my family, this is know as the Herndon Name Disease (Herndon is my
mother's maiden name) Both my Mother and Grandmother tend to just run down a
list of names until one fits.My Grandmother has even tossed the dog's name
into the mix!  We had always assumed it was a genetic disorder passed from
mother to daughter -- none of the Herndon men seem affected.  As for getting
the ferret names straight -- I don't, when things get exciting I just say No
nononononono!  In the box!  In the box!

>From:    Rebecca Coleman <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Games for buzy people owned by ferrets

Rebecca, I loved your "ankle ride" game.  My ferrets also love riding in
bags, but I never thought to put one on my foot!  Games we like to play in
the morning --

"Make the bed" - Mom fluffs the sheets and bedspread with the ferts dancing
on top.

"Cooking breakfast" - Maybe not a game, but I consider it quality time.
Both my ferrets like to sit on my shoulder and watch me set up the coffee
and make toast.  My youngest (Nippy) likes to smell the coffee, but hasn't
shown any interest in actually drinking any thank goodness!

"Fingers under the door" - OK, this is a bit weird but my oldest one (Diva)
loves it.  She hides behind the open bathroom door and tries to get my
fingers that I randomly poke under the door while I'm drying my hair (upside
down).  She was extremely disappointed when I put carpet down in the
bathroom and the space under the door disappeared.  We have since
substituted "Toes under the bathmat".  This is probably not fun if your
ferret bites hard.