From:
Emily Topp <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 12 Oct 2003 22:48:21 +0200
Greetings from Deutschland -

As many of you know, I recently moved from Detroit to Germany where I
will be staying from 4 years until ????  We adopted a brother and sister
pair 3 weeks ago and everybody is settling down.  Thank you to everybody
who has emailed me with responses to my last questions about the biting
boy.  Alexandra, I almost peed my pants today when I (re)read the story
about Sabrina the Bat-Biter!!!

But I realize now I don't have nearly enough blankets, hammies, sleep
sacks, etc... I brought a small stash from the U.S. and I keep trying to
support the fine folks who sell on US eBay - I pick them up when I visit.
But of course I can't do that forever, so I'm casting about for anyone
willing to share with me their instructions/patterns for homemade stuff.

Nobody here makes or sells the kind of stuff you can get in the U.S.  -
you know, the fluffy hammocks with the colorful puppy or kitty fabrics?
I can't sew AT ALL but I'm willing to learn and if I get good enough at
it, I figure maybe I can help make some things for the shelters here in
Germany too.

I would like to learn how to make:
*large fleece hammocks
*large fleece sleep sacks
*large hanging pocket sleepers

Please email me at [log in to unmask] if you can help and thanks in
advance!

Emily