From:
Crystal Bedell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Jan 2003 12:52:15 -0600
Dear Becky, Heather & the Magnificent Seven,

My husband and I have had three apartments in three different states with
ferrets.  The first, one ferret in Calif.  Needless to say, the landlord
did not know.  My worst fear was that someone would come in and discover
my baby.  I still have nightmares about it even though we now live where
ferrets are legal and the fuzzy we had at the time has since passed to
the Bridge.

Our next apartment was in Massachusetts.  We were open about our ferret
family, and many landlords said no to pets, period.  The landlord we
ended up renting from required some convincing on the part of our real
estate/apartment hunter guy.  We had a picture and apparently he knew a
little bit about them.  Three years later we got our deposit back and a
positive review for our next apartment...

Where we are now, in Washington state.  Again, some challenge in finding
a pet friendly apartment complex.  But we did find one and I can rest
easy that if there is an emergency, or something is broken, my babies
are safe here.  Also, the human kids in the complex love them -- it's
a great opportunity to educate potential future fuzzy owners. :)

My opinion is this: the challenge (and cost, as you'll likely have to
pay an additional deposit) of finding a pet friendly place is worth it,
at the very least, for the peace of mind.

Best of luck!
Crystal
Baby, Bilbo & Frodo
Missing Ziggy

www.UltimateHideyHole.com -- You won't find that lost sock, but you will
find the best ferret resources on the web.