From:
Sherrie Wilson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Jan 1997 08:28:41 -0700
To everyone who offered advice, hope, prayers, suggestions, and support:
Thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou!
It's so wonderful that ferret people are such a caring, concerned group of
people!

Dweezil underwent surgery on December 21, and lo and behold, she had a
partial blockage.  Seems no matter how 'ferret-proofed' we think our homes
are...she had swallowed 1/2 of a compressible foam earplug (which I wear to
concerts and nightclubs to protect my hearing.) Apparently she scaled my
coatrack and stole it out of my jacket pocket!  I feel absolutely *awful*
and *guilty* that it was something I was responsible for that caused her
such distress.  Luckily, the surgery was rather routine, and (partially due
to her very young age) a success, and after a few days convalescence, she's
back to her normal, feisty, energetic war-dancing self, and putting weight
back on like a sumo wrestler (what a little pudge!  Gotta slow her down!) No
problems getting her to eat her dry food again!  Sorry it took so long to
reply to everyone's inquiries, but with the holidays and all, I'm several
weeks behind on reading my mail and the FML, but I wanted to get this out as
quickly as possible to thank everyone!!!

Hope you all and your fuzzies and families had a wonderful holiday season!
Dweezil and I were blessed with her speedy recovery!

Many many thanks again,
Sherrie
&
Dweezil ('Mama, I'm hungry!  Where's my raisin box?')