From:
Laura Holland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Jun 2005 15:31:36 +0000
I found mine a few months ago - on match.com of all places.

So ferret-friendly is this one that when my friend flew up from FL
and we wanted to take off to Vancouver and Victoria for a few days he
immediately said "yes" to pet sitting and stayed at my house with the
ferrets, Jake pup and my two cats.  When he comes over he picks each of
them up and gets and give kisses.  He's particulary fond of Sassy and
laughs rather than winces when her kisses turn into nips.  He even
brought gifts on our first date - a huge bone for Jake and fuzzy balls
with bells and a larger ball with bell to hang in the cage.  He goes
"Aww" with me when they make the ferret sleep noises.  And jumps up to
look whenever I go "Ohhh you have to see how they're sleeping - so cute!"
Whenever we're out somewhere shopping he'll see something and go "I bet
the ferrets would like this."

I totally agree that ferrets weed out the baddies.  The guy I dated
before I met Neil once casually left the front door wide open - GAH!
He barely even wanted to TOUCH them.  I definitely say the "Ferret
Barometer" is a true measure of a boyfriend's worth and should ALWAYS
be used :)

Laura