Date:
Sat, 24 Feb 2007 14:55:20 -0600
The other night I was eating a banana (a rarity I must admit because
whenever I TRY to eat at home the ferrets pester me relentlessly - it's
not uncommon for me to stand up to try to eat a bowl of cereal with 2
or 3 ferrets trying to climb me to get to my bowl) and Dippy came up
to see what I was eating. I showed him the banana and got the typical
ferret head shake. So I showed him again. Now most ferrets would push
the banana away with their little paws, but not Dippy, noooo Dippy
clapped his paws together! He really does have a different view of
life.

Xena is a barker and isn't use to me walking into the rooms she's in
yet. She'll be happily snacking away on kibble and I'll quietly walk
into the kitchen which results in a high pitched bark and her darting
under the microwave stand. Everyone else looks oddly at her trying to
figure out what startled her. It's so comical that now I sneak up on
her and jump out and say "Boo!" One neurotic ferret in the making. :-)

Dante has decided to teach little Damien who is boss. Damien is fast
and small where Dante is large and somewhat clumsy. I can't count the
times that Dante has darted after Damien only to bump his nose (picture
an accordian) on the tube or cabinet that Damien darted into or under.
Dante likes Great Grains cereal (see the above Dippy episode).

Leo has decided he hates the Colorado babies and that the only thing
they are good for is a thrashing. Leo is deaf and I'm light footed (see
the above Xena episode) so I can grab Leo and plop him in the cage
before he does any damage. I let him simmer till he settles down then
we try it again.

Oddly enough there seems to be several hours each evening that everyone
gets along so at least I get a bit of a break from the commotion.

tle
www.ferretfamilyservices.org