From:
Davon Giampaolo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Apr 1997 22:34:49 -0400
Hi all, I am new to this group and thought I would do better to introduce
myself.

We (hubbins and I) have 3 little furballs.  A Butterscotch named Possum, a
Chocolate named Dazey, and the baby is a dark sable named Figit.

Possum our first is the most loving and was 12 weeks old when we got her.
She is now 2 and a half and healthy and the most laid back fuzzbutt you
could imagine.  She loves to get brushed, hates water, and really hates
Figit.  But Dazey is her best bud and always was.  Her favorite treat is
milk (Tablespoon only allowed) and she goes nuts for flat 7 up!  Other than
her Marshalls ferret food she refuses to eat anything else.  Well maybe
Figit but then that is a whole other thing.

Dazey is/was a Marshalls ferret we got at our local shelter (F.A.I.R.) .
She was a year old (same as Possum at the time) and came from a family that
had 30 of the squirts.  She had lived most of her life in a small cage as
she was in fear of all the others beating her up.  Possum took to her like
they were litter mates.  Her favorite treats are Yogurt drops for Bunnies
(are these ok?).  I allow two every few days.  She also loves an occasional
raisen.  But she also eats nothing other than her regular ferret food.  The
best thing in the world according to Dazey is...SOCKS!  I take my husbands
old ones and save them in a bag.  When the "kids" are out I scatter them
across the floor and on the furniture and Dazey has a good old time running
around gathering them into her safe spot under the futon.  Her other love is
feet.  I am trying to break her of this by putting bitter apple on my ankles
and feet when I let her out.  She is a nipper but not a biter.  Hates being
held and will give kisses only to be released as soon as possible.

Then there is Figit.  Another Marshalls ferret.  We have only had her a few
weeks and although she is sweet and adorable she is a bit of a strong
nipper.  Likes to use her ability to get down and I am having a heck of a
time trying to break her.  But she is only a baby.  When released she goes
nuts and is hard to retrieve without a fight.  I have gotten a leash to put
her on to show her I am in control while she is out.  But I have never tried
it yet.  Any other suggestions.  She eats anything in sight and loves the
tinkle of bells.  I crocheted a few covers for those hard plastic easter
eggs and placed some jingle bells in them and she loves rolling around with
them and carrying them to and fro.  Our only problem is the situation with
the older ferrets and her.  They hate her.  The others attack viciously as
soon as she is in sight.  I know they play rough but they have drawn blood
once and I can not tolerate this.  I spray her with bitter apple but that
does not deter them in the least from their prey.  I do not want to make
this fuzzie live alone all her life.  Any suggestions on what to do?  I have
traded bedding and let each explore the others homes.  We have converted a
double closet into Ferret Heaven.  The two live downstairs and Figit lives
above, I have them connected via a ferret tube but have closed this off
temporarily.  I want to have them all together!

Well that is enough for now.  To any who have E-Mailed me I have been in the
hospital recently with knee surgery and have been unable to answer.  Thanks
for writing and please write again as I need your addresses.  Love writing
to all via E-Mail or Snail Mail.  So get to it!  Take care and Dooks to all.

           Davon ([log in to unmask])

Possum: Fee Fi Fo Digit, I do thinks I smell a Figit!
Dazey: Hey let's get her, trying to steal all my socks she is.
Figit: Can't we all just get along?