From:
Chris Berry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 May 1998 11:51:32 -0400
well, had to jump in and share a little about our house kitties and Fidget.
Our oldest kitty, 3 years old, came into our lives after Loki (RB) so she
grew up knowing (thinking?) that ferrets are great playmates.  Loki, you
see, was not rough with Ghost, but rather perferred a rousing game of hide
and seek, and "I've got the nip toy"

Now Fidget grew up with two ragdoll cats who were mightily bigger than Ghost
(I think they weighed in at 14 lbs, she's a mere 8) so he learned to wrestle
with them.  And go after their feet to get them to play.

Ghost was a bit confused when Fidget was introduced into the house.  She was
more than happy to play, but she didn't understand why he kept running at
her at full speed and trying to knock her over...but they have worked out an
agreement.  She'll do a "run by" where she dashes by him, surprising the
little devil and then lets him chase her.  He in turn will chase her.  And
she will submit to ear cleanings.  This you should see, he starts cleaning
her ear and she squints her eyes and flips her ear back.  I have this
feeling she is thinking "all right, just get this over with" the ever
suffering big sister <G> Of course if she thinks he's getting to rough, she
simply jumps over the barrier.

They also play "bed mice" where he gets under the covers and moves about
and she bats at him, as well as a more energetic version of hide and seek.

cheers
chris and Fidget, the WVU weasel