From:
Jean McKim <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 1 May 1999 08:06:08 EDT
This discussion is quite timely as I am reading Dragonsinger to my kids
(1/2 chapter every night).  Menolly has 9 fire lizards in the book.  All
I can say is, thank heavens our ferrets can't go between like the fire
lizards can.  Or carry things in their claws to hide them.  Wings would be
a piece of cake as long as they couldn't do that!!!!  Not to mention it is
a fire lizard that plays a crucial part in saving Pern from thread by going
to the space ship.  Can't you just see the cosmonauts on the space station
with a bunch of ferrets popping in and out!

Jean