From:
Pat Ball <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Jun 1996 08:16:32 -0400
It's been a long time since I've posted anything on the FML.  Strictly due
to be overworked and not having enough hours in the day.  I work full time,
I've been taking two courses a semester until the summer semester, and take
care of my ferretry.  We are up to 35 ferrets at the present time.
Twenty-three are permanent residents.

We are happy and proud to report that Angelique has five babies who are four
weeks old today.  They look like they might be either very dark sables or
black sables at this point, but a lot could change color-wise in the next
few weeks.  XCaret has seven babies who will be three weeks old on Friday.
She definitely has at least four badger/blazes in her litter.  She is a
beautiful badger/blaze herself.

We will also be breeding Seminole, our chocolate girl and Lucci, our
Cinnamon girl later this month.  Will provide updates as they become
available.

I also want to express my condolences to all who have lost fuzzies lately
and to those who are having so many problems.  The beginning of the year was
filled with various problems for us as well, both personal and ferret-wise.
It has made me very paranoid as far as my babies are concerned.  A friend of
mine called me one day this week and told me about a two week old baby that
died, even though it appeared to be healthy, was fat, and looked fine.  She
couldn't see any reason for it to suddenly die.  Believe me, when I got home
from work I gave all my kits the once over and then some.  I still do.
Several times a day, in fact.  I had a mother who didn't have any milk
earlier this year and my poor mom's that I have now have to suffer through a
thorough inspection at least twice a day to make sure they have milk for
their babies.  As of now, they are all healthy, fat, and growing fast.

Once, again, My sympathies go out to everyone who is having so many
problems.