From:
Risa Di Vincenzo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 1 Aug 2004 20:48:27 -0400
Hello.  My ferret Mikette has been on the Diazoxide for about 6 months.
She has insulinoma and the pred made her very lethargic.  She is now
on .2 ml of Diazoxide (50mg/ml suspension) and .2 ml (5mg/5ml) of the
pedia pred twice a day.  She is completely active, but still has a huge
bloated belly.

I get the compounded Diazoxide at Vet Centric (866-838-2368) It comes
in all different flavors, although I get the flavorless and mix it with
ferretone when I give it to Mikette.  10 ml's of the mixture is $103.50
including shipping.  At the dosage Mikette's at it doesn't quite last a
month.

I would love to know if others have less expensive sources to buy it.
Also wondering do most people give it alone or with the pred, and how
much other ferrets need to take.  Mikette is active, but the size of her
belly really makes it hard for her, I wish she didn't need the pred!

Dooks
Risa