From:
Mark Andrew Pendl <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 1 Feb 1998 15:16:27 -0600
>WARNING: BEWARE OF A MYSTERIOUS SUBSTANCE KNOWN AS "CATNIP".  THIS SUBSTANCE
>APPEARS TO MAKE KITTY KOMMANDOS INVINSIBLE!!  IF THEY ARE UNDER THE
>INFLUENCE, RETREAT IMMEDIATELY!

We have a particularly bright-colored blanket that is used as a "catnip
placemat" so that our floor doesn't get all filled with the stuff.  I'm sure
the blanket reeks of catnip for the olfactory-inclined.  All of the ferrets
just love to roll around in it, play with it, and even guard it against the
cat, a particularly rough-play cat, in fact.  Our cat is mean and tough- the
ferrets put up some fight but soon he sends them scattering.  It is true,
however, that the addition of a liberal dose of catnip to the feline gets
him in "hunting mode," ferrets beware.  The ferrets love the blanket, but
ignore catnip for the most part.

So what is it in catnip that drives cats nuts for it?  Secondly, why doesn't
it work on other mammals?  Furthermore, is there such a thing as
"weasel-nip?"  I mean, besides the Ferretone... =)

One more question: does anyone have a ferret-themed screen saver?
thanx!
| Mark A. Pendl                     |
| Bear of Very Little Brain         |
| http://www.uwm.edu/~spam          |