From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Aug 2003 02:42:04 -0500
>From:    Ferret Wise Shelter <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: Chicago Ban on "Exotic" Pets
>
>... IS THIS REALLY WHAT YOU WANT TO HAVE HAPPEN?  Ferrets were
>domesticated prior to the feline the ARE DOMESTICATED COMPANION ANIMALS
>(like the canine and feline companion) -- NOT EXOTICS!!!  ....
>
>Alicia D
>www.ferretwise.org

Hello All:
My 2[ worth here.  As for "domesticated, I feel that a true domesticated
animal is one that HAS to live with a human.  In that since, a ferret is
the only animal I know of that does live with humans that HAS to be
there.  Turn loose a dog, cat, snake, bird, etc and it'll live without a
human with very little problem.  Turn loose a ferret and it'll die of
starvation, exposure or be eaten.  They cannot live without a human
taking care of them.  That's what I call domesticated.  I don't know why
the governments can't get that through their thick heads.

Sin,
A Ferret Lover