From:
Stan & Linda <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Feb 2000 12:02:42 -0500
>From:    Minta Ruark <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Financial question re:  ferrets & when to keep/give them up?
>At this moment in my life I cannot afford to get him any surgery he might
>need.  Please believe me when I say this is not a decision i come to
>lightly.  Linus' & Zooey's surgeries came to just under $2000, and both are
>on current meds that require monthly vet visits and blood tests.  I say
>that b/c I don't

Minta, what a tough question.
But, being the practical person I am, I have set a mental limit on what I
am willing & able to pay for the ferrets (or any of our pets) care.  I
admire someone who is willing to pay more than my limit, but I think it has
to be a matter of what people can afford.  I don't think anyone should be
flamed when they have reached their own practical limit.