From:
Dana Lane, <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Aug 1995 08:47:25 EDT
Hiya!

This past saturday we came home and found one of our fuzzies (Tasha, sable
female) curled up and not moving. When we picked her up she was REALLY hot and
didn't wanna move at all, no energy. Her tummy was really hard and it appeared
to hurt when we touched her there. We also found a black stool. So, we called
the vet and brought her in and after an examination he said he thinks she has
some form of an ulcer (Something about Ferret Diarhea Syndrome??) and he sent
us home with Tasha and some Amoxicillin, Pepto, and something I can remember
that bonds to the ulcer. Well, it's not Thursday and her tummy is normal and
her stool is normal but she still doesn't seem to have any energy. Her temp
also feels MUCH better. The vet said that sometimes it could take a month or
so (Not usually, but sometimes) for a ferret to fully recover from this. That
seems kind of long to me but htne again, I've never had a sick ferret before.
Has anyone else had a ferret with an ulcer? Is there anything else we could be
doing or is it just a waiting game with the meds? Also, we've been avoiding
giving her any kinds of treats, no ferretone, no raisins. Would it be okay to
let her have a little of either while taking the drugs?

Now that Tasha is sick and not very energetic, she doesn't wanna play with our
silver, silver mitt Ivan. Now he seems to mope around the house alot. He looks
depressed. Could this mean he's bored cause Tasha won't play with him? He also
licks Tasha's ears alot now. It's the cutest thing.

Thanks,

Dana and Robyn (the real pets I think.)
Tasha (MOM! I'm sick, cuddle me)
Ivan (Awwww, I'm bored. Why won't you play with me Tasha??? *lick lick*)