From:
Debbie Blythe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 27 Aug 2006 11:43:40 -0400
Hello everyone:

My little ten-month old male, Caspar, has been fighting DIM for ten days.
I am in close touch with Dr. Ramsell, who is giving me a lot of help and
support in fighting this terrible disease, but I would like to talk to
others who have experience with DIM and can tell me about their
experience.

A few days ago, I was hugely encouraged and happy because Caspar was
showing improvement, but since then he has started to go downhill again.

He has stopped using his hind legs, can barely walk, has a fever, and
barely moves.  For a few days his eyes were wide open, and he was fairly
alert, but his eyes are glazed over again, and he does nothing but sleep.

The only positive sign is that he has a good appetite, and I am able to
keep him well fed and well hydrated with SQ.

I would like to hear from anyone else (and I know there are just a few)
who has successfully fought this disease to know what they experienced
and how long it took to see improvement.

Thank you
Debbie (Montreal)