Date:
Sat, 25 Apr 1998 08:56:32 -0400
On Thu, 23 Apr 1998, Michelle Matta wrote to the FML:
>Our Little Man has been digging at the couch.  He successfully dug a hole
>right through the cushion that lets him into the couch.  We've doctored it
>up, but the little bugger is OBSESSED ever since he got in.  Every time we
>let him out of his room, he b-lines over to the couch and begins digging.

You might want to try Bitter Apple or Bitter Lime on the area he is obsessed
on - check first in a hidden area to see if it stains first.  My ferrets
HATE Bitter Lime!

Krisitin - per your little biter:
I too have had little biters, one worse than the other.  Even though you
think the bitter lime doesn't work, Ferret Baby probably doesn't like it.
In the "Ferret" book it suggests using the Bitter Lime everytime you handle
them and then after awhile to wash it off and pour some Ferretone in your
hand to teach Ferret Baby that hands are BAD to bite but GOOD to lick.  This
has worked with both of mine although it did take longer with one.  Also if
you hare putting your Ferret down (even once!) after he bites he is training
YOU very well to respond to his biting!  (Remember how smart they are)
Whatever you do, don't put him immediately down or he won't stop that
behavior.  I also read this in the "Ferret" book and it seems to be true.
Good luck!  Right now I am working on keeping Daisy from attacking socks
with feet IN them!  Any ideas would be appreciated!!!

Karla
Meep and Daisy