From:
"Ferrets First Shelter, TX" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Apr 1996 13:00:42 -0400
To:  Donna in Germany

I learned of a powder type flea control substance last summer from my vet.
It is called Rx for Fleas.  I can't remember (don't have container in front
of me) but this may be put out by FleaBusters (if not, they have one also).
The powder I used fits your description and I did have a serious flea
problem last summer (Texas, you know).  After I used the powder exactly as
directed on the label, the fleas disappeared.  It took a little while and
several baths to de-flea all of the animals, but the fleas didn't last long
in the carpet.  At the time, I felt it was expensive ($45.00) but I have
faith in this vet so I tried it.  He is a ferret lover (would I use any
other?) and assured me it would not bother the ferrets' sensitive
respiratory system.  Believe me, it was well worth it.  No fleas here for 8
months now.  Can't tell you yet if it works for a year, but I have no reason
to doubt that it will, or maybe even longer.  There are cats, dogs, and 23
ferrets here and it has caused no discomfort to any of them though I think
it is important to remove all animals from the area you are treating for an
hour or so until the dust clears.  I would not suggest that anyone with
respiratory problems "apply" the powder, but after the first light vacuuming
(as directed on the label), there should be no problem.  In summary, the
product I used was easy to apply, and got rid of the flea problem as it
promised.  I highly recommend it.  If anyone would like the name and
manufacturer of the product I used last summer, feel free to e-mail me and I
will be happy to get it for you.  I think it is a must for any ferret
shelter.

Trish
Director, Ferrets First Rescue & Shelter