From:
Colleen Rathke <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Nov 1996 12:39:13 -0600
Ermit Matney <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Can anyone tell me about fighting ferrets?  We have 2 that we have had for
>awhile, we just got another she is 3 yrs old and very vicious, she has to
>be pulled off the others....

you are not alone.  julian is a 5 year old female who has always been VERY
aggressive towards other ferrets.  she is an only child, who has had limited
exposure to other animals.  she's a tiny little one, but that does not stop
her...she will either chase the other ferret until they hide, or latch onto
their neck in a "death grip."

not too long ago, i posted similar questions to alt.pets.ferrets, asking if
there was any hope that julian could become less anti-social.  most of the
resposes that i got said "don't count on it." some ferrets simply do not
"play well with others," especially if that ferret hasn't been around others
animals.  sure, ferrets have to establish dominance, but be careful...you
don't want the roughhousing to go too far.

i wish that julian could learn to get along with other ferrets, but i know
that probably won't happen.  (unfortunately, my friends won't let julian
around their ferrets because of her aggressiveness.)

it's ok though, because when it comes to dealing with humans, julian really
is a sweet little thing.  she has never attacked a person, and loves to be
held.  i always get compliments on how smart and gentle she is.

hope this helps!

colleen (who loves her anti-social weasel)

     gothcode 2.5: GoGD6$ TmoPFe cBRw6 PSaR M3p2 ZGoTeiTez
    C6 a23= b64 H173 g7L w5L r7I h3 s10k6 Rm SrNn 0796 LusIL