From:
Mary Rogers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Oct 2004 14:39:36 -0500
Oliver was my birthday present in 1999 to replace the loss of Rowdy, our
very first ferret.  He was a beautiful chocolate point picked out by the
breeder and rode all the way from Michigan to Texas with an acquaintance.
Boy was he a biter because he was not handled much.  We had to wear
gloves to handle him at first, but he soon learned we were OK for a Mom
and Dad.

Oliver LOVED to snorkel in the water bowl and when he was a kit could
curl up in it.  When he got bigger only half of him would fit but he
would still try.  LOL!  He loved shower time.  You would have to wait to
get in the shower until he was finished lapping up water and getting wet
himself.  Then he would come out all poofed out and fired up to play.

He was the best toy stasher we have ever had.  To see him trucking down
the hallway with the stuffie, especially the ones I made, in his mouth
taking it to the hiding and sleeping place in the bathroom linen
cupboard.  It use to be ours for dirty cloths but the ferrets soon took
it over and I gave up and put a blanket and sleep sacks in there for
them.

Oliver gave the best hugs.  When I picked him up he would curl his head
around my neck.  Those were the best.

He loved cooked chicken and would put his nose up in the air waiting for
me to give it to him.  He would grab it, run for a hiding place, and of
course come back for more.

Oliver also came to us with ADV, unbeknownst to us his parents had both
tested positive.  After a few months we found out from testing that our
whole group was positive.  It was devastating with the illnesses and
deaths.  Oliver started out having loose stools and never really over
came it.  Later he developed the ADV cough, insulinoma and cardio,
probably had adrenal along with the ADV.  He seemed healthy for the
first few months of his life only.

I miss that cute face and those hugs!  But he is free now of illness and
I was able to spend time holding him and telling him about the bridge
before he left.  Bless his heart, not fair, but I would have rather had
him come into my life with ADV than not at all.

I love you Ollie Oso and hope our paths cross again.

Sandee, Sara Ferret, would you please make sure Oliver found all the
others, all 15 of them.

Mary and The Six Munchkins