From:
"Shelley R. Abare" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Apr 2005 17:47:24 -0500
Well, I've gone from NW Florida to Mi with ferrets.  Are you driving?  If
so, get a large travel cage with some familiar objects in it.  Make it
big enough to hang a hammie in it.  Bring a gallon or two of bottled
water so that you always have some for the kiddos.  Fresh litter and food
is a must.  Harnesses and leashes are handy too for walkies at the rest
stops, but be super careful of other animals who may not be friendly.  I
stopped on the way up and down in motels and had very little problem.  I
put the ferrets in the bathroom for their safety after a thorough search
for holes etc that they could get into.  Also, check and make sure they
can't get under the door.  I did have to do a very good cleaning of the
tub and floor because they (all five of them) pooped all over the darn
place.  (wouldn't ever even consider leaving that mess for the house
keepers).  They slept most of the way up and back.  The only real problem
we ran into was that when we wanted to go into the restaurant we had to
get takeout because they would have over heated in the car.  And of
course, after being cooped up for 12 hours, they were not even slightly
interested in being held while we got into the hotel.  What crazyness
that was!  LOL.

Best of luck,
Shelley