From:
"Gowsell, Inez" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Apr 1997 09:37:23 -0500
Me again.  Yeah, yeah, I'll actually post about my ferret some day.  Hmm, at
the end of this message, perhaps.

As I was going through the limericks yesterday, I noticed a couple of typing
mistakes.  I would like to correct the typos before giving the list to
anyone - or posting it anywhere.  If anyone has any objections to my
correcting the spelling on their limericks, please let me know.  I'm
referring to things like 'teh' instead of 'the' or other such slips of the
finger, not things like using a different spelling to make the rhyme work.

Also, if there are any objections to putting your limericks on a web page,
I'd like to know that too.

Okay, now a ferret story.
I've taught Belphebe to "sit up" to when I ask if she wants a treat.  Well,
sort of.

She knows the yummy raisins are in the kitchen and if she goes in there and
sits up, she'll get one.  She doesn't actually respond to the word "treat",
but she does sit up.  Now, any time I go to the kitchen she follows me in
there, gets my attention - sometimes by tapping/scratching on my leg - then
sits up and/or dances around.  I just have to get her to respond to the
words now!

inez - "treat, belphebe?  Want a treat?"
Belphebe - "that room!  yummy stuff!  maybe if I sit up she'll give some
of those yummy dark things!!!"