Date:
Wed, 16 Jul 2008 14:08:54 -0400
I have owned ferrets since 1993. I wondered if our ferrets, when they
roll in the grass outside, are attempting to mark the place or to
disguise their scent. It is different than the "rub your under chin
on the floor after eating" or "drag your lower belly on a low object
on the floor or the low bars of a chair" or "rub only your belly on
the ground". They roll several times on the grass.

One of our male ferrets would roll over a cigarette butt if he spotted
it before I could stop him. Pichou, a deaf female, recently roll on a
patch of wet grass: I suspect that is where a dog peed. It does not
make sense to me that she would roll in the smell of another predator.
Is it possible?

Lorraine