From:
Dick Bossart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Apr 2000 18:34:45 EDT
Just a general question on reactions to rabies and distemper vaccines.  Let
me preface this by saying that the question is not meant to imply a fact
or even evidence pointing to a fact.  It's just, well, a question to you
ferret owners who have had ferrets react to the vaccines.

Do you see any correlation with the reactions and the shedding season?
Seems very way-out but I was wondering if the stress of the shed combined
with the stress of the vaccine may be involved.  I have to admit that with
the reactions we've had in the shelter over the past 7 years (not too many
really when you consider the total number vaccinated) I didn't really keep
a "seasonal" record.  I do notice that when the shedding season is in full
swing or just ending, there seem to be more posts on reactions here on the
FML.  Coincidence?  Probably.  Worth asking about though.

Dick B.