From:
brooke nelson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 14 Sep 1996 12:15:23 -0500
( I think this got lost the other day....originally sent 9-11-96)

Hi everyone....I am looking for some answers and this seems to be a good
place to start looking.  On August 6 (this year), Cody went in for adrenal
surgery.  He had lost most of the hair on his back and some on his belly and
tail.  He is growing his hair back at warp speed but everywhere he was
shaved it is coming back Silver!  Our new devil child took some hair off the
top if his head and that is coming back Silver, too!  Now poor Cody is half
Sable, half Silver.  Could this be a coat change.  I'm worried I'll have to
shave him bald to get him looking "normal" again!  The coat only seems to be
changing where there has been massive hair loss.

On another note...I went to a local shelter today and asked if they ever get
ferrets in. I was horrified (but not surprised) by the response :
"Ocassionally...but we usually won't adopt them out!" We all know what that
means. Anyway, I told them that I have had ferrets for almost four years and
I also told them about all you wonderful people. They were happy to take my
name and number and said they'd let me know if any come in. I know that with
the help of all of you, I could find a much better fate, and home, for those
wonderful creatures!

Also, I can't seem to find any other ferret enthusiasts here in NW
Florida...no clubs, nothing. Can anyone help us? We sure would appreciate it.

Thanks and warm fuzzy toe nibbles,
Brooke and the Four Fearless Fuzzbutts...

Cody..."stop laughing or you'll be sorry!"
Indy..."Leave me alone, I wanna sleep!"
Kiwi..."Catch me if you can, ha ha ha!"
Dizzi..."Hey Cody, wanna lose some more hair?"