From:
Troy Lynn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Jan 1995 12:45:00 CST
First I'd like to thank everyone for their warm thoughts and condolences
on Vixens death and to share with you how those at home helped to console
me.  Saturday morning after about 2 hours of restless sleep I awoke to
Zipper gently kissing my tear streaked face (at least till she knew I was
awake and then her tongue quickly turned to sandpaper!).  She continued
to kiss and cuddle for quite some time and her and Dusty followed me
around the house (no matter what I was doing) for several days.  After
I had placed Vixen in her little bed for all to see she had gone and
till I could bury her in the morning, Dusty softly dooked and aacked
around my feet until I relented and played with him for about an hour
at which time I was totally exhausted and had to lay down.  This is
unusual behavior for both of these little ones (although Zipper will
gladly give many kisses but not usually on her own incentive and Dusty
will play but not at 2:30 a.m.).  It is amazing how in a home of 40
(yes you read that right - but only 17 are mine) those 2 were so
in tune with my emotions that they chose to comfort me in the only way
they knew how.

Stamps - How about if we all request a domestic ferret stamp series and/or
black-footed ferret stamp (because their endangered)?  Here's what to do:
write to the following address and request them.  Including a picture may
help sway their decision but be sure it is a duplicate or color copy as
it will most likely end up in the trash.  Mine has 7 ferrets and myself
showing how much we love each other.  Citizens Stamp Advisory Committee,
Stamp Management, US Postal Service, 475 L'Emfant Plaza SW, Washington
D.C.  20260-2420.  I understand their decision is based on # of requests
and pertinent info (i.e. domestic animal or endangered species).

Snoring -
Last night while sweeping I heard a very soft noise.  I immediately
turned everything noisy (tv) off to locate the sound worried that one
of the ferrets was in trouble.  Well.... under the blanket Molly or
Axle (look-a-likes) was sleeping very deeply and snoring!  This was so
cute and so funny.  I quietly tiptoed away to the kitchen so I could
laugh out loud without disturbing her.

Hugs to all!  tle