From:
Jose Tracy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Apr 2002 12:41:37 -0400
Hello FML,

Does anyone have any suggestions to help a fuzzy who has hind-end weakness
due to insulinoma.  My six year old Spunky has insulinoma and is currently
on Prednisolone which she is doing fine on, however it saddens me to see
her barely get around.  She gets so depressed when she tries to make it up
the stairs with the others, but can't and even just to make a few steps on
the living room carpet tires her out and she just plops over and stays
there until she can get up again.  I always pick her up and cuddle with
her, it makes me so sad to see her this way.  I always carry her upstairs
(she loves it up there) and let her roam around until she is ready to go
to bed and then she goes back downstairs where everything is easily
accessible for her.

Do any of you have any suggestions or ideas that helped your little ones?
I've done everything as far as, putting all her food/water/bedding/litter
pan, in her cage, all on one level for her for easy access.  I've also
made a carpeted ramp for her to climb up on when she feels like it and
pushed it up to the bed (she loves to sleep with me on the bed).  She
gets up and down that okay right now, but it is getting harder for her.
Any ideas/suggestions are greatly appreciated.  I'm really starting to
question her "quality of life" and don't want to be selfish, i'm so
worried about her.  Thank you!

Warm *fuzzy* hugs!
Tracy
Tango, Chico, Roo (RooBear), Spunky & Leah and my fur angel Pepe'