From:
Leslie Cucino <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Sep 2008 21:02:39 -0400
I have what may be either a really stupid question, or one that hasn't
been brought up much.

All of my ferrets get adrenal surgery as soon as they show symptoms.
My vet removes the diseased gland and de-bulks the other. None of my
ferrets have had to be on hormone shots afterwards. However, two of my
males grew back all of their hair EXCEPT the ring around the base of
their tails.

Is it OK to treat this with Lupron and if so, the monthly or four month
dose? Is the only benefit to re-grow the hair or are there other health
benefits as well?

Thanks,
Leslie