Date:
Thu, 5 Aug 1999 21:50:28 -0500
>My ferret, Begbie, is an only ferret and needs a playmate.  A friend
>suggested that I get a puppy and I really liked the idea, but I wanted to
>get some suggestions on which breed I should look for.  I would imagine
>that a smaller dog would be a better playmate for her, but I just wanted
>to hear some other opinions.  Please email me if you have any advice.
>Also, any tips on training a puppy to be gentle with her and vice
>versa."

Karyl,
I found that the best playmate for a ferret was another ferret.  However,
as I currently find myself with only one little fuzzbutt, her best buddy is
one of our cats.  They wrestle, play chase, all sorts of things.  I'm not
sure how a smaller dog would be with a ferret, but giving them supervised
time together should eventually get them to the point of playing together.
But keep in mind that certain smaller dog breeds were originally bred for
ratting and/or hunting small animals/rodents.

Kelly,
Regarding the letter you sent to Marshall Farms - I'm not sure if you
omitted some information in the copy you posted on the FML, but there was
no mention of where you live or the name of the "well-known pet store" you
went to.  Is that the pet store that told you the information you cited in
your letter?

"How do you justify these accusations being made against you?" How can they
when they don't know where the accusations are coming from?

If you did have this information in your letter, and edited it out of
the copy you posted on the FML, please ignore this.

Everyone, please remember when writing letters to companies, *always*
have a source.  It gives your information much more credibility.

Michel