From:
Anne Ryan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 20 Aug 2006 07:45:28 EDT
Why is it always so hush-hush when a breeder or shelter goes bad?  Diana
Bachman, Rollen Mason, Jen Morrison, yes, I'm naming names because the
truth is the ultimate defense.  Does anyone think that Di Bachman will be
able to come back at me with a lawsuit after the photo's that we've all
seen of the conditions at her ferretry?  Jen Morrison was convicted due
to conditions at her "sanctuary." Sixty three of Rollen Mason's neglected
ferrets ended up with me after he died, many with medical conditions that
were severe only because he hadn't offered a reasonable standard of care.

The key is to get the word out so that these people simply can no longer
do business as usual, involving authorities as much as possible.  In
some cases the authorities can't do much, but rather than animal
control, there are other authorities who can bring down pressure.  Code
enforcement and the health department can be great allies.  Dawn writes
that she knows an individual has shown at other shows as well, yet how
does she know that those shows are aware of the circumtances surrounding
this person?

If indeed you have been to the inidividuals ferretry or shelter and have
seen, (and better yet have taken photo's) of bad conditions, name them!
The more we just hush hush all of the bad breeders and shelters, the
more we just enable them to continue breeding and sheltering in abusive
situations.  And if they are bringing ferrets to shows in NJ, call NJ
Fish & Game and make a complaint--they are more than happy to show up
at the next show and fine anyone without a NJ license who is selling
ferrets.

Anne