From:
Ferret Wise Shelter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Jul 2003 00:50:34 -0400
HI friends-

Here I am again on a muggy day in NH, your ol' friend Jerimiah Ferret
Wise- the cutest ferret boy ever!  My chocolate spot is looking pretty
fine my gal Annabelle says-- well lets get up to speed- Gravy is back in
his bungalow with Biscuit .  And a footprint i the sand arrived in an
envelope for Gravy Ferretwise- it was a green piece of paper to help pay
the vet bill-- we thinks it has helped him feel some better.  He took it
right over to Dr Winnie!  Thank you to the special friend who helped with
Gravy!

This morning the vet called and said his adrenal gland was a benign
one so he should make a good recovery -- though I guess Mom is still
concerned cuz his litterbox is not the greatest yet.  However today when
the two new kids arrived Gravy boy was so scared there was not going to
be enough food he ran to the bowl and started crunching away -- Mom was
laughing a little humor in a starved ferret story!  So -- he still get
carafate & amoxy for another week to see if this helps.  He sure has
become dependant on the Nutrical too - hogging it something awful!

Today is a busy, busy day- 2 new faces are in the quarantine room--
young uns about 7 & 9 mos old.  Seems their Dad is going to grad school
and there was no place for them-- they got left behind -- so lucky for
them they arrived here-- and in the AM get their ADV- ABC tests -- I hope
I get to play with them soon.-- They seem a little mellow, specially the
gal and I am sure they need to learn a few more tricks!  Welcome Marshall
and Sox to Ferret Wise.  Mom says after testing and vaccinations they
should be ready to go to new homes at least by Ferretstock time!-- or
maybe a tad before!  Disney, Curly get to go for Luprons in the AM!
Disney is also having a BG test.  Must be a Birthday Girl thing... since
it is 3 years plus since she first arrived!  Mom calls her the platinum
ferret as she has amassed over $7,000 in care since she first arrived.
Curly who arrived here the same day 3 plus years ago fomr NY with Disney
is also going to get her Lupron-- I bet those two gals would just shine
if you had a gold scale to weigh them on!  LOL.  Curly skipped some
Luprons because of the many vet visits and surgeries which were needed
for the other kids-- she is acting a little PMS-ey so Mom says we need
one of the Luprons now!

Mom gets to take them and the new kids in this ought to be fun juggling
all the carriers!

Then on Friday Mom has to take AD and suppliments for soup recipe over to
the kids at St Gregory's house again-- she sure stays busy!.  Neko with
his insulinoma is doing a little better today-- but has been having a
real tough time for a mere almost 5 year old boy :(  The 4 kids there on
Lupron have been switched to an every other month and they go in on Aug
15th for their next one.  Mom sure has lots to keep track of!

Well we got some nice bedding for Ferretstock Auction in form Sue in NY!
and some great wood hand looms for weaving from Margie, there is even a
Meadow in a can-- can you beat that?  WOw howdid they do that?  Lots of
stuff is starting to come in for all the folks who attend Ferretstock!
Mom says there will be something for everyone and one of her school
friends moved to town and she is going to make a cheesecake for the
dessert auction -- Mom is dying to try it and says this will be a
challenge to shelter Dad's cheesecakes!

Some early entry fees have come in for the Ferretstock event-- though no
pictures yet for the cutest ferret contest-- I really am hoping to pick a
new gal friend from this years entries-- come on all ya pretty gals....
plus the winner gets a huge stash of ferret toys, treats, bedding and
lots more!  Ferret fun for a LONG time.

I hear they are going to be drawing the winner of the quilt raffle
tomorrow-- so we will be back with a quick vet update and winner report.

Meanwhile there is a fancy rare Ferret Wise Bear Memorial pottery mug on
ebay and a few other special things that will help pay the vet bills for
all of us kids here-- and don't forget the treats please!  search under
seller name : creativekolor or by the link:

http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewSellersOtherItems
&userid=creativekolor&include=0&since=-1&sort=3&rows=50