From:
meagan quinn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Jun 1999 08:53:53 PDT
Hi everyone!

Last night I got a phone call from a Lady located in CROTON NY.

She has two female ferrets.  She calls them Bonnie and Clyde.  Her son is
allergic to them (he is allergic to all of them).

He rescued them in summer of 1998 from a guy that trying to get rid of them
for someone..not too sure on the details..

She estimates the ages to be 3-4.  According to her they are "in the cage
all the time except for when I close all the bedroom doors and I let them
run around until they are tired"

She said she does this once a week.  Twice if she is home more.  Their cage
is cleaned once a week.  They get baths once a month.

Bonnie is a "silverishwhite" color.  Clyde is what sounds like a sable with
siamese markings.  She said Clyde is now losing hair on her back.  Sounds
like adrenal to me.

She has not taken them to a vet at all-so their boosters are not up to
date.  They were eating Iams when she got them.  When Clyde started losing
hair she switched to Marshall's b/c she figured that they needed ferret
food not cat food.

She does want them killed or in a bad situation.  I told her they already
were.  I guess I will have to work a bit more on my people skills huh??

I am arranging to go see them tomorrow (Thus)night to look them over and
see what I can do.  If it is necessary, I will be taking htem with me.

BUT NOW I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO!!

I know of one shelter in the Bronx--but I don't have the name of it.  I
can't take keep them.  But I would like to help place them--

Please feel free to email me : [log in to unmask]
or call with suggestions or if you are interested in them.
212 317 3509 (W)
or
914 923 9538 (H)

Meg

one more thing.  She says they are adorable.  They don't bite.  And would
make great pets, but for someone else...(no kidding!)

Please help me if you are in the Lower NY area!!