From:
Mark Andrew Pendl <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Apr 1998 15:16:20 -0500
First off, a reintroduction: I'm Mark, I've got three ferts: Sammy Esther
and my adrenal Jerry.  Secondly, Sammy once ate a whole bag of jelly belly
jellybeans, much in consistency and ingredients as GUMMI BEARS in most
respects.  His poo was of a technicolor quality for a day or so, but
otherwise he showed no poor reaction.  Just give the little gummi bear eater
plenty of water, and observe.  If anything seems horribly amiss, get him to
the vet.  But remember what you would feel like (and probably look like) if
you ate a proportional amount of those things.  Third: Bob as FERT GOD.  I
think Bob Church could be a ferret god, as he has helped me immensely in the
past (Yes, Bob, those books helped a GREAT DEAL!).  However, I remember a
story about a fert clamping onto a "dangly" exposed from loose shorts--
somewhere... wasn't that you?  That's no way to treat a god, I suppose.
Finally, for those of you who think you have UNSOCIAL FERRETS: I recently
noticed that Sammy (a 6 year old male) doesn't want me to ignore him.  What
I have found is that he's not a cuddler (he's a shelter rescue), but that
when I touch him he then knows that I am watching.  All I have to do is
touch him and he goes off to do something very ferrety.  I just figured it
out after 3 years of thinking that he hated me.  Check it out with your
"unsocial" ferrets.  Most of the time, they may be saying, "enough with the
mushy stuff bud, watch me go hang-ten!"

Of course, Sammy "hang-eights" off the back of the couch, but that's another
story.

Loveya, ferrets, Bill, Bob, and all...
| Mark A. Pendl                     |
| Bear of Very Little Brain         |