From:
Lisa Carswell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Mar 2000 10:43:51 -0500
>it is the personal touch that draws me to Modern Ferret...i can get most
>of the 'info' i want right here on the FML...but i, for one, love the
>format of Modern Ferret...
>but that is why there are different magazines...or should be...so everyone
>can get the one that tailors to their personal...or not so personal...
>taste...

Kat, I agree 100%.  I enjoy Modern Ferret because getting my copy is almost
like getting a visit from friends.  I feel almost as if I know Mary and
Eric and all their ferrets personally. :)   Ferrets are fun, and I think
Modern Ferret does all it can to reflect that idea.

I'm not knocking other magazines, though.  They certainly have their place,
and as many others have pointed out, having more than one ferret magazine
on the market keeps the other magazines on their toes.  Everyone has
different tastes, so there should be magazines to cater to those different
tastes.

I certainly wouldn't think of bashing anyone for having different tastes
than mine, and by the same token, I would hope they wouldn't bash me for
mine. There's room on the market for all the different magazines, and it
would be a shame if -any- one segment of the ferret community were to lose
the magazine that reflected their personal taste.

Dooks,
Lisa
Mom of Zorro, Claudia, Loki, Fezzik, Crysin, and Kyra Monchichi
"Not knowing everything is all that makes it ok, sometimes."
            --Delirium of the Endless
              from Neil Gaiman's _Brief Lives_